Yale College Housing

Housing Accommodations

To request housing accommodations, all students must:

1. Complete the Accommodations Request form.

2. Provide the Housing Form completed by your current medical provider.

Note: housing accommodations are generally valid for one-year. You may have to reapply for housing accommodations each year.

First-Year Students

You must submit your completed request (documentation included) by May 10, 2023. If submitted by the deadline, the Housing Committee will review your request and eligibility. A timely response is especially important because once a rooming assignment has been made, it will not be possible to change it. Once housing assignments are finalized and made public, you will be notified of the Committee decision. For general housing information, please review Yale Housing and the Residential College webpages.

Returning Yale College Students

You must submit a supplemental housing request (documentation included) by February 15, 2023. Once submitted, the Housing Committee will review your request. A meeting with an SAS staff member may be needed to discuss the request. For assistance with submitting a supplemental request, please review our Supplemental Accommodation Request guide or Supplemental Accommodation Request video guide.

If you are a Graduate or Professional student, please see the relevant Housing section.

Emotional Support Animal Requests

For requests related to Emotional Support Animals in housing, a treating clinician must complete our Emotional Support Animal Housing Request form. These forms must be completed by a licensed mental health professional who has an established connection with the student.